[mythtv] Myhthfrontend sitting at "Please Wait"

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:15:27 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 12:29 PM, David Hampton <mythtv at love2code.net> wrote:
> Agreed.  I should have also said that I don't have any problem with
> playback of live tv, recorded tv, or recorded videos.  I was just
> pointing out that its not all F28 installs that crash, but there's
> something specific about the users systems that is causing the crashes.

Yes, it is all going to be specifics.

The first patch (processing the transport stream program
descriptors) is going to be source stream specific (and
when, how, and if (from the transport stream) you get the
program info).  I am not surprised that some OCUR
tuners (what i think was the first report), that are known
to adjust the program info in the stream, have the issue.

The second patch (in ResetReal) is going to be all
about timing and specific configurations.  I would not
be surprised that the timing might be impacted on
choices such as combined and separate BE/FE
systems.

Arguably in both cases the mythtv code should be
defensive against referring to a non-existent element
in a vector (gcc is arguably helping one write better
code to avoid falling into a later trap).