[mythtv] Android mediacodec woes

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:43:42 UTC 2018

On 06/26/2018 04:30 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Have you looked at ExoPlayer. I've had some success with using that in
> a branch I've been working on for MythtvPlayer. My hope is that it
> replaces all the low-level Android Media APIs.  HLS was pretty
> flawless in the latest releases.  I believe there is also a way to get
> MPEG2 integrated, but it would be a custom solution.  However,
> ExoPlayer, is extendable just for that purpose.
>
> Dan

I looked at it. It is written in java. I would love to have a java
version of mythfrontend. The problem with this is there are many
intricate features built into mythtv  that no other player has. To
redevelop all of that in java would take a seriously long time. Do you
have something in your branch that could be used?

Peter