[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Sony Android Tv - Mythtv for Android

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Tue Jun 26 14:18:27 UTC 2018

On 6/26/2018 10:23 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 06/26/2018 07:38 AM, jksj wrote:

>>> If you want to try hardware decoding, apply the latest patch from here
>>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13233
>>>
>>> Hardware decoding is still under development, but works apart from
>>> FF and REW. You can select hardware decoding or standard decoding by
>>> selecting video playback profile..
>>>
>>> Peter
>>
>> Thanks , currently having trouble in makelibs when building qt5. The
>> other libraries built fine.
>>
>> The first error is:-
>>
>> ERROR: The path
>> /home/rip/android/android-sdk-linux/build-tools/27.0.3/dx does not
>> exist. Please set the environment variable
>> ANDROID_BUILD_TOOLS_REVISION to the revision of the build tools
>> installed in your Android SDK.
>> Makefile:60: recipe for target 'sub-distributedjar-pro-make_first'
>> failed
>>
>> my target is android 7.0 32 bit sdk version 24
>>
>> So I invoked
>>
>> ./maketoolchain.sh --sdkver 24 --force
>>
>> Would it be ok to build with the default 21 - would the resulting
>> build be forward compatible.

yes. 21 will run on anything later than Android 5.0.
you should have a script that sets all the relevant environment
variables as detailed in the readme and the helper scripts provided. If
you change the SDK, change the env too to match (I think).
We are call currently building with sdk 21 and ndk 13b. All other
combinations are YMMV.
We are also all (?) running 64 bit builds on NV shields or S912. Shields
are faster and perform better. Wifi is also not so good so wired is better.

AFAIK, later sdks will not change look and feel much and any of the APIs
that are exposed I dont think are needed. The java Qt harnesses would
probably need to change a bit with a changed SDK. I have a 4.4.4 build
that I tried with my TCL TV but memory (RAM) is an issue. At least 2GB
RAM (more is pref) and faster is better (DDR4 vs DDR3) if you are
getting a TV box. The GPU accesses main DRAM so this may limit the
res/framerate that is achievable too.

>> Your instructions are very good but could you expand on "if you want
>> to build a release apk, you need to create a key."
>>
>> Does it mean that no key is required in that folder for a test build.

That is correct. For release (something that can be submitted to the
store) you need a key, and it probably needs to be registered. I have
never done this step though.

> Are you on the mythtv-dev mailing list? It is best to ask these type
> of questions on the list. The best person to answer this question is
> Mark Spieth, since he created those scripts and is more knowledgeable
> about android.
>
> Peter
HTH
Mark