[mythtv] Feedback on Myth frontend on Nvidia Shield

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Wed Jun 20 02:50:41 UTC 2018

On 06/19/2018 07:27 PM, Mark Spieth wrote:

> On 20/06/18 10:46, Michael wrote:
>> On 06/19/2018 02:11 PM, David Engel wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it slow everytime for you?  I've only seen it be really slow the
>>> first time it is run or when there is a real connectivity issue.  Does
>>> setting a "custom indentifier for frontend preferences" in the
>>> database settings help?
>>>

>> It is slow for me (also) at every startup.   It spend 3-5 seconds at
>> the 'Waiting for Database to start' screen.
>>
> wired or wireless?
>
> wireless is always slow startup for me even on 5G and not that far
> from the AP (~12m, no walls).
> wired is always great.

It is wired.

I will try to do some wire captures on Thursday evening.

None of the other frontends ( minimyth ) in the house seem to have any
issues with slow startup.   I have never even seen that waiting for
database screen before except on the shield.

My production mythfrontend sits on the same switch and doesn't exhibit
any issues.

Michael