[mythtv] Difficulties with FFmpeg and mediacodec

Steve Goodey stevegoodey at spamcop.net
Thu Jun 14 17:03:41 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 13 June 2018 16:56:50 BST Peter Bennett wrote:

> There still seems to be a problem with changes to playback profile not
> taking immediate effect. I need to track that down. In the meantime I
> restart the frontend to make sure my playback profile change takes effect.
>
> Peter

Peter,

I take this still affects 29.1 and was not fixed by your commit

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/
f25203ca1827d8997e9ea8ebf6cc06de78cad2ab

I seemed to find that I could only fix video stuttering by rebooting and then changing
playback profiles straight away and it didn't seem to matter which profile I picked. I'm using
intel graphics.

I've now been stutter free for about a month and it seems to have survived updates/
reboots.

--
Regards, Steve Goodey
Colchester, England