[mythtv] ffmpeg 3.4.1 in Your repo?

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 17:46:46 UTC 2018

On 02/05/2018 10:41 AM, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Just quick one:
> I see You merged ffmpeg-resync into Your mythtv branch. 😊
>
> I’m just wonder: Is code in Your mythtv branch ready to trial or
> rather it is work-in-progress and I shouldn't expect successful compile?
>
> I'm asking as just give it try and configure reporting me about
> missing libass from pkg-config.
>
> I was trying under minimyth2 cross-compile environment.
>
> Of course I have libass is present in target system – but as this is
> cross-compile - libass is in non-standard location.
>
> br

Hi Piotr

I am still working on the ffmpeg 3.4 in bennettpeter. It does not yet
compile correctly. A new version of ffmpeg requires many changes to
mythtv configure because mythtv configure is originally a copy of FFmpeg
configure and it has been updated with every update of FFmpeg. There are
hundreds of changes for going from 3.2 to 3.4. This is crazy. I want to
see if I can make it so that mythtv configure runs internally the FFmpeg
configure instead of having FFmpeg configure merged into mythtv
configure. But that is for a future time.

I am working on the build, I have it almost working in bennettpeter with
local changes that are not committed yet. Once I have it working in
bennettpeter I will also update the devel/ffmpeg-resync branch in
MythTV. Hopefully that will be ready in the next couple of days.

Peter