[mythtv] RFE and patch

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 4 23:36:22 UTC 2018

On 5 February 2018 9:36:52 am Dag Nygren <dag at newtech.fi> wrote:

> On söndag 4 februari 2018 kl. 22:06:01 EET Mark Perkins wrote:
>> On 5 February 2018 1:47:13 am Dag Nygren <dag at newtech.fi> wrote:
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > Ticket created and patch attached!
>> >
>> > Dag
>>
>> A question on the patch - naming structures on thetvdb sometimes include
>> the year in the title like "Doctor Who (2005)", a country code like "Shark
>> Tank (AU)", or sometimes even both like "Utopia (AU) (2014)". Is the patch
>> selective enough to not strip these combinations?
>
> Ok. I fixed the patch to only react to
> number below 20 (High enough age restriction :-) )
> and the T or S (permitted for everyone in Finnish and Swedish)
> letters in parenthesis.
> It will stillfalsely react to (1T) or (1S) but avoiding that will
> get unnecessary complicated.
>
> None of your examples will be touched any more
>
> Best
> Dag

Thankyou.

Is it worth adding a check to make sure the characters are always the last
4 or 5 characters of the title eg " (#)" or " (##)" - note the leading
whitespace character. This is presuming that the age restriction is always
added to the end of the title with a whitespace separator?

That might prevent matches on valid titles like "Casting(s)" and
"Histoire(s) du cinéma"