[mythtv] RFE

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Sun Feb 4 10:52:01 UTC 2018

On söndag 4 februari 2018 kl. 12:35:57 EET Torbjorn Jansson wrote:
> On 2018-02-04 11:10, Dag Nygren wrote:

> > So could we get a way to tell Myth to disregard everything
> > in parentheses at the end of the title ?
> > Or perhaps even more generic:
> > Ability to add a regexp list that is always applied to the
> > recording rules?
> >
> > I know I can set the rules as a SQL select and that is what I have been
> > doing., but this is quite messy to set up at the moment.
>
> where do you get the guide data from?
> xmltv or eit?

This is EIT data.

> if it is eit then it sounds like you need to write a custom eitfixup for
> your provider.
> as i remember it you have one function to cleanup the eit data and there is
> a table that triggers the fixup when eit is collected on the correct
> network id or similar.
> (this is just from memory, was a while since i worked on eit fixups)

So there is a hook for it already! Neat! I will have a look
at that.

> if you use eit then perhaps you should swap to xmltv as guide data?
> it is generally of much better quality than eit.

I am using EIT and prefer it mainly because I haven't found a finnish XML
provider that gives me XML info in Swedish (my mother tongue)
but EIT in most cases is bilingual.

Many thanks for the tip on fixup. Pretty OK with programming
and I will definitely have a go at it.
Already have some ideas on the implementation :-)

Dag