[mythtv] Power Recording Rule excluding genres

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Dec 12 15:57:57 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 08:38:01AM -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-12-12 at 00:18 -0600, David Engel wrote:
> > Short of a major overhaul of the power rules, I only see a couple of
> > options.  Either increase the size of the subtitle column or add new,
> > extratables and whereclause columns for power rules to use instead of
> > overloading the subtitle and description columns.  Of the two,
> > increasing the size of the subtitle column is by far the easier
> > solution.  You might try it on your own database unless and until
> > someone else need the same change.
>
> I've spent some time recently banging my head against the overloading
> of the subtitle column by the power search rule.  I'd much prefer that
> this hack go away and that new columns be added to the database.

I'm not objecting, but I'm curious as to what real problems the
overloading causes.  Yes, I know it's confusing to the unwitting.
Without the overloading, though, you wind up with two columns that are
never used in one case and another two columns that are never used in
the other case.

David
--
David Engel