[mythtv] NVidia Pixellation

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 18:34:34 UTC 2018

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 5:54 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/31/2018 01:43 PM, Aman Gupta wrote:
>
> I didn't get a clear answer: "has to do with motion vectors going outside of some normal limit"
>
> I imagine that if the transmitter changed it, that may result in a reduction in quality, especially since they are working with less bandwidth these days. That would mean reducing the quality for everybody to satisfy a few NVidia users.

Actually, they way I read it, there are a couple of possible
interpretations.  The first is that the encoding is configured
out of spec (that would be a station encoder setting or
firmware issue, which may be able to be adjusted/corrected),
and he other is that the nvidia VPU is not capable of meeting
the spec (that would be an nvidia issue to fix, if it can be
fixed at all).

Unfortunately, the answer does not make it at all clear,
or what next steps are appropriate (other than trying to
get clarity regarding the intent of the response regarding
standards compliance).