[mythtv] Proposed Ansible Changes, Getting ready for ansible 2.11

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Aug 16 11:31:56 UTC 2018

On 15/08/18 21:16, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 1:10 PM David Hampton <mythtv at love2code.net> wrote:
>
>> I understand that Ubuntu is still supporting 14.04.  I thought the
>> MythTV policy was to support the last two long term releases of Ubuntu,
>> which would be 16.04 and 18.04.
>
> Per the "Coding Guidelines" section of the MythTV wiki:
>
>      Platform support: Myth targets distro support for
>      maintained releases at the following revisions: "stable"
>      for Debian, "current" and "current-1" for Fedora, "current"
>      and "LTS" for Ubuntu.

For ubuntu it basically boils down to
- since 18.04 is an LTS release, current in the above = 18.04, and 16.04
the LTS release (ie, the previous release)
- once 18.10 comes out, it will be "current", 18.04 will be the
supported LTS release.

Other earlier releases may work and may still be supported by their
vendors, that's just what we target, if it works on earlier releases,
then that is a bonus

Bill happy for you to do some work on these playbooks

Regards
Stuart