[mythtv] Building for Android, mariadb issue

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Aug 7 02:25:03 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 06, 2018 at 07:47:31PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 7:19 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> > using

> > Even
> > /home/john/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-gcc:
> > >
> > > I'll try to do a full install and build from scratch, but it won't be
> > > until at least tomorrow.
> >
> > John,
> >
> > I did a full install of Android Studio/SDK/NDK and build of libs and
> > mythfrontend today.  I updated the Readme.md to specify NDK r13b
> > instead of r15c and removed a couple of very minor things that weren't
> > necessary.  I also fixed a bug in makelibs.sh related to the recent
> > library changes.  It all built and runs fine.
> >
> > I think the main problem you're having is trying to use the NDK
> > installed by Android Studio.  Be sure to install the r13b (or r15c if
> > you really want to) version manually as directed and I think you
> > should be fine.
> >
> > We should eventually try to get builds to use the NDK installed by
> > Android Studio, but that's a job for another day.
> >
> > David
> >

> Hi David,
>
> The instructions say
> "After Android Studio is installed, *use it* to install the Android SDK and
> NDK."
>
> It also says
> "Install the desired SDK Tools. CMake and the *NDK* are the main ones."
>
> It sounds like those statements needs to be changed.

Point taken.  Those instructions predate my involvement and being
someone who doesn't like writing documentaton nor is any good at
writing it, I haven't changed any more than I really need to.

> The instructions also say
> "For the NDK Get android-ndk-r13b-linux-x86_64.bin and install it in
> ~/android *too*."
>
> That "*too*" implies that r13b also needs installed in ~/Android/Sdk/ as
> nkd-bundle?

That definitely needs clarification.  I don't even know if the NDK
installed by Studio is even needed.  The one installed manually
absolutely is since those tools are the ones used by makelibs.sh and
mythbuild.sh.

> You are building it for Android version 26 (Oreo), right?
>
> Thank you for your help with this!

I run on Oreo on my Shields.  The version on the Mecool I occasionally
run on is Nougat and the FireTv I also occasionally run on is whatever
custom version Amazon has.  The target API level defined in
mythbuild.sh is the default 21 which is Lollipop.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net