[mythtv] Android build fails after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 15:20:46 UTC 2018

On 08/05/2018 08:12 AM, David Hampton wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just pushed changes to the master branch to prefer system libraries
> over the code in the mythtv/external.  The changes are:
>
> 1) On all systems, the following libraries will be used :
>
>    libhdhomerun
>    libsamlplerate
>    lzo (or lzo2) instead of minilzo
>    minizip
>
> 2) On all systems except Centos 7, Debian Jessie, and Ubuntu 14.04 the
> system libbluray will be used.
>
> 3) On all systems except Suse and FreeBSD, the system libXNVCtrl will
> be used.
>
> This means that after your next git update, your development directory
> may not configure/compile until you add some system libraries.  The
> ansible scripts have been updated, so if you installed your compilation
> dependencies that way you can pull updated playbooks and re-run them.
> If you installed manually, you will likely need to install the
> following or their equivalents:
>
>    hdhomerun-devel
>    libbluray-devel
>    libsamplerate-devel
>    libXNVCtrl-devel
>    lzo-devel
>    minizip-devel
>
> The only thing known not to work after this change is that the mythgame
> plugin won't compile on Ubuntu 14.04 since that system doesn't provide
> minizip.
>
> David

Hi David

The android version will no longer compile. It is failing because it
cannot find samplerate or libbluray. There may be others, I don't know.

The thing with android is, the build cannot use Linux packages that are
installed by ansible. All of the libraries needed are built in the
packaging code using makelibs.sh. If you have removed some libraries
from the MythTV source, then we have to add code to makelibs.sh to
download the source and compile it for android. For libbluray maybe we
can just disable it in the configure step, but samplerate seems to be
required. I did not get past this point in the compile, there may be
others that are required.

Peter