[mythtv] Typo in ffmpeg h264 parser?

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:14:57 UTC 2018

On 26/04/18 11:06, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> You may be right…
>
> If you check ITU H264 (04/2017) (I can make this document available to
> you if you don’t have it)

Thanks, JY.  I have it in my downloads folder.  Good soporific stuff.

I'm running with the patch and have seen no problems as yet. Experiments
in progress.

John

> 7.3.2.13 Slice layer extension RBSP syntax
>
> there you’ll find the whole slice header syntax.
>
> What ffmpeg calls reordering_of_pic_nums_idc is in the spec
> num_ref_idx_10_active_minus1, per the spec, that value is either between
> 0-7 or 0-15.. There’s an exception where it can be 0 to 31. So anything
> over 31 would be an error
>
> You should ask that in #ffmpeg-devel
>
> JY

I'm told that it isn't a typo. Ref 7.3.3.1

"Valid meaningful values are 0-2, and 3 ends the list.  Any other value
is invalid."

Continuing...

This is 'edited as new' from my Sent folder:  gmail quirk.  Testing to
see if it continues the thread.