[mythtv] Q regarding "GUI: Enhance Playback to allow change of recording group with arrow keys"

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 18:47:12 UTC 2018

Stephen, Peter

I’m using everyday M(enu) > List All Recordings for watching desired episode from list of recorded.
And I found requirement of multiple key-press of different keys just to find desired episode really unconvienient.

My proposal is to simplifying usage when You want to watch given episode: instead of multiple key presses user will need just _1_ press right arrow and voila.

IMHO single pressing right arrow to see list of episodes will be much more convenient than:

1.pressing M. You need to carry Your eyes on remote as this is different key than arrows (which are usually close to each other). Do it in dark room….
2.look on remote again to go back to arrows on remote
3.press multiple times arrow down to get selection on „List Recorded Episodes” menu entry
4.press Enter to get list of episodes

compare this with single press of right arrow

Pls look how it works in Kodi.

Despite I found kodi user experience MUCH less convenient for me - multiple episode browsing aspect is really nice!

just my 0.02$