[mythtv] ttvdb.com change on October 1st

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Sat Sep 16 18:26:43 UTC 2017

On 9/16/2017 12:22 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 09/16/2017 12:13 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
>> Does this TTVDB change have any impact on Schedules Direct?
>>
>> More specifically will my Mythbuntu 14.04 installation with MythTV 0.27
>> continue to work with Schedules Direct TV listings?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Curtis
>>
> There is no effect on the listings service. The ttvdb applies to the
> metadata lookup that typically is run after a recording is complete to
> download artwork, Series and episode number, and so on.
>
> Peter

It also affects metadata lookup for things in your video library. I
wasn't particularly concerned about getting metadata from ttvdb for
recordings, but I did care about getting metadata for my video library,
which is why I back-ported Mark Spieth's work to 0.27. I'm sticking with
0.27 because I've got some older hardware that doesn't play well with
later releases.

Helen