[mythtv] Possible configure option to disable dbus / udisks?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 19:52:32 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 3:29 PM, Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> On 04/09/17 19:49, Tom Dexter wrote:
>> Hi. First of all, thanks a million for the work of all the devs. I've
>> been enjoying mythtv for over 10 years now!
>>
>> I'm running my frontend/backend under Gentoo. For some time I've been
>> compiling both without any dbus (or qtdbus) and with no udisks
>> installed, though with dvd support enabled, and it works fine for my
>> purposes. As far as I've ever been able to find out, udisks is only
>> used for discovering DVD drives etc. dbus is a requirement for udisks
>> apparently, and if I understand correctly, also gets used for
>> screensavers...though I have xscreensaver working fine without that. I
>> actually just upgraded to 0.28.1 with that setup.
>>
>> The only thing currently making it impossible to based that on USE
>> flags in Gentoo is the fact that there's no actual configure option to
>> disable that. That is, it's based purely on whether or not those are
>> installed.
>>
>> Is there any possibility of adding configure option(s) for that?
>> Thanks in advance!
>>

> Feel free to provide patches to add that.
>
> We have plenty to work on already so any help is welcome! :)
>

> Regards
> Stuart

Sure. I'll see what I can do, though that's a little out of my
wheelhouse. One aspect of it that I'd need clarification on is this:
While I can clearly see the qtdbus is the existing configure script,
there's nothing in there regarding udisks at all. Would the omission
of qtdbus simply cause all the udisk stuff to be disabled? Wasn't
clear on that.

Thanks!
Tom