[mythtv] Problem with commit 9506b88 2017/10/09 : Cleanup gcc and clang warnings generated by -Wextra switch.

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 17:46:34 UTC 2017

On 10/26/2017 10:45 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> I had this problem before. It's because they were committed
> specific commit, you are rolling back in time.
>
> So you effectively have to use diff you get from `git show <hash>`
> and do a reverse patch with it to remove it
>
> Slightly confusing when you don't realize what it's doing behind
> the scenes.
>
> That's my theory anyway, dunno if it's true:)
>
> Regards
> STuart
Yes - it looks like that is a useful one. However when one merge
contains 128 commits and you want to bisect it, that will mean doing git
show 64 times. I think in that case I would use git diff <hash> <hash>
with the hash at the start and the one at the middle of the merge. That
excludes the first commit in the merge so I would have to use the git
show for that one.

Regards
Peter