[mythtv] Schedule Manual record is broken in Master

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Oct 26 16:18:42 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 10:24:05PM +0000, John P Poet wrote:
> I actually view it as more of a reminder, than a false alarm.  Personally,
> I believe that "single" or "manual" records should always ignore filters.
> I just have not taken the time to make it work that way ;-)

A variation of that was considered and not done for a few reasons.
First, depending on how the user sets up their channels, the High
Definition filter can still be applicable.  I also have a custom
filter which is on by default that would be affected.  Second, the
rule type can be changed.  What are the semantics when the user flips
a rule type from record all to single record and back again?  Third,
as noted before, filter issues can plague other rule types.  Consider
a record all rule with High Definition and This Channel filters
enabled when the channel is standard definition only.  Perhaps a
sanity check to warn about no matches when saving a rule would
suffice.

David
--
David Engel