[mythtv] Backporting some of MiniMyth2 patches to mythtv master?

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Fri Oct 13 16:03:49 UTC 2017

On 10/13/2017 11:20 AM, Mitch Capper wrote:
> I think MythTV has always been welcoming of code contributions however
> I think the best method to do so is:
> Create the PR at github: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pulls
> Create the corresponding ticket: https://code.mythtv.org/trac
>
> This is largely what is outlined at: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv
> Sample: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/121
>
> Note it does sometimes take awhile, but github at least makes sure it
> can patch cleanly into master.
>

> ~mitch
Personally I prefer just taking a patch file from the ticket. If the
patch fails, you will hear back on the ticket and get a chance to fix it.

The major problem with getting patches in is attracting the attention of
a developer to review and commit the patch. I have been reviewing and
committing some recently. If you see anything that looks promising and
is languishing let me know.

Peter