[mythtv] Proposed change to Network Communications

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 16:20:01 UTC 2017

On 03/10/2017 10:40 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> OUCH!   NO...
>
> Some of us actually have public IP addresses on our network!!
>
> -derek

Yep - I realized when I bought a new router that supports IPV6 and
connected it to Comcast. All of a sudden the entire world can ssh into
my PC via IPV6 and there is nothing I can set in the router to prevent
it. On the other hand, I have had certain IPV4 ports open for years
anyway so I can access my systems when away from home.

Peter