[mythtv] newbie question

Carlos Davila cdavila at att.net
Sun Mar 5 20:40:57 UTC 2017

Hi all,

First post on this list. I am interested in developing a frontend for my
Samsung 2016 smart tv. I am using the Web-Tizen Studio IDE for this. I
do not have much expertise in javascript but am taking on this project
because as a way to tach myself as well as come up with an app that
could be useful for my family (we recently cut the cable and have no dvr).

My question has to do with what happens when you queue a stream. For
example, when I paste the following onto my Firefox address bar:

http://localhost:6544/Content/AddRecordingLiveStream?RecordedId=62

I get the following:

<LiveStreamInfo xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
version="1.0" serializerVersion="1.1">
<Id>1</Id>
<Width>640</Width>
<Height>0</Height>
<Bitrate>800000</Bitrate>
<AudioBitrate>64000</AudioBitrate>
<SegmentSize>4</SegmentSize>
<MaxSegments>0</MaxSegments>
<StartSegment>0</StartSegment>
<CurrentSegment>0</CurrentSegment>
<SegmentCount>0</SegmentCount>
<PercentComplete>0</PercentComplete>
<Created>2017-03-05T20:32:10Z</Created>
<LastModified>2017-03-05T20:32:10Z</LastModified>
<RelativeURL/>
<FullURL/>
<StatusStr>Queued</StatusStr>
<StatusInt>0</StatusInt>
<StatusMessage/>
<SourceFile>/home/ced/Documents/TV/2131_20170220090000.ts</SourceFile>
<SourceHost>Galan</SourceHost>
<SourceWidth>0</SourceWidth>
<SourceHeight>0</SourceHeight>
<AudioOnlyBitrate>64000</AudioOnlyBitrate>
</LiveStreamInfo>

but then nothing happens on the browser. I assume I need some sort of
plugin installed that will play the streamed recording? In javascript,
would I perform this request with an ajax asynchronous 'GET' command? If
so, then what would go into my callback function? I am assuming my tv
has a builtin video player capable of handling streamed video. What does
it mean for a video stream to be "queued"?

Thanks and best regards,
Carlos