[mythtv] python bindings status? BackendServerIP[6] error

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 21:01:00 UTC 2017

On 06/14/2017 03:35 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 2:24 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> The bindings work OK for my up.py script. I do still have BackendServerIP6
>> in
>> settings as well as BackendServerIP. It's using getUpcomingRecordings()
>> too.
>> Running v29-pre-415, so 98 commits behind.
>>
>> If you want to try using the Services API, there are two examples here:
>>

>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python_API_Examples#Working_program_using_the_Dvr.2FGetUpcomingList_endpoint
>>

> Thank you, bill.  I will play around with that method.

Just updated to v29-pre-503 (current master.) getUpcomingRecordings() still works.
bindings.up.py (attached) is what I'd been using.

If you're considering the API, my plan is to use the module here:
https://github.com/billmeek/MythTVServicesAPI/tree/master/dist (you don't
need to clone the module), just see the instructions at the bottom of the
page. Attached is the new  printUpcoming.py that works with it.

--
Bill