[mythtv] Building myth against qt5.8

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 21:32:27 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Roger James
<roger at beardandsandals.co.uk> wrote:
> I am trying to download a minimal set of qt5.8 source submodules to build
> Mythtv against. The full download is massive. I have grabbed qtBase and
> qtscript so far. I am missing the sources to build  libQt5WebKit,

I believe that QtWebKit has been removed from
the source(s), as QtWebEngine is now the only
supported solution, and QtWebKit is being
maintained independently over at
   https://github.com/annulen/webkit

"Someone" (and maybe that someone is you?) is
going to have to step up and port from QtWebKit
to QtWebEngine(*).  The initial steps can be
mechanized (mostly it is just rename functions),
but there are always more subtle changes required.

Here is a quick porting document (there are
others floating around too if you are going to
do the work)
   https://wiki.qt.io/Porting_from_QtWebKit_to_QtWebEngine

It is possible someone else has a stash somewhere
with initial work that may be valuable, if you are
going to look into such a port, so you might want
to ask that explicitly if you are going to start the
port.

(*) I know it has been discussed as a long
term developer task previously, so I think
it may be on someones list as something
someone is going to have to do, eventually.