[mythtv] Steppes Theme question

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Sun Jan 29 21:03:33 UTC 2017

On 01/29/2017 01:15 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> That should not have happened.    Is it possible it was residue left
> over from having master checked out?  Otherwise, there may be a logic
> error in programs/mythfrontend/themechooser.cpp .
>
> I personally run master in production, but I could try checking 0.28
> out fresh somewhere to check it.   What change should I look for?

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/4460309ae6927d734c6cda4cf7204d86edacb46c

I made changes to the MythCenter theme in the mythtv repository. I did
not cherry-pick the commit to fixes/0.28. There are some small changes
and a new file (status-ui.xml). My 0.28 frontend informed me of an
update, and, after I selected it, it downloaded it into the
.mythtv/themes/MythCenter directory (previously this theme did not exist
there, since it is in the /usr/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter directory).

I changed the minor theme version, maybe I should have changed the major
version. However my thinking was that the themes that are prepackaged
would not get into the download at all, since that are updated with the
normal package or rebuild process. Clearly that was an incorrect assumption.

Peter
<https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/4460309ae6927d734c6cda4cf7204d86edacb46c#diff-e93cb9645b68825af1062ad1eacb0386>