[mythtv] Steppes Theme question

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 18:15:12 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 9:00 PM Peter Bennett <pgbennett at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi John
>
> I am testing my latest changes and I notice something strange with the
> Steppes theme. Version 0.28 is up to version 28.6 of the theme, but
> master is still at version 2.24. Perhaps master should be at version
> 29.0? Also when I test Steppes with master I am seeing no border around
> the menus. Is that expected?

Yes, that is all expected.

I am undecided on the border.  I thought it might look better that way, but
I may change the menu back to having one.

With the version, I have just been doing a mostly linear increment for
master.  I could switch to use what ever the pre-version is of myth
though.  I honestly had not really thought about it.

> Am I correct in assuming that each version of MythTV will pull in themes
> from matching branches of git? I don't know how the theme download
> works, but that is what I am assuming.

Yes, there is a configuration file on alcor.mythtv.org which which maps the
mythtv version to the location of the theme file for that version.
'master' (thrunk) is treated as its own special version.

> I did notice that a theme change that I checked into master of the main
> MythTV repo, for the MythCenter theme that is stored there, found its
> way into the download of fixes/0.28 themes. I did not expect this and
> changes I am now planning on making in the default theme should only be
> downloaded into master or version 29 when that comes out.

That should not have happened.    Is it possible it was residue left over
from having master checked out?  Otherwise, there may be a logic error in
programs/mythfrontend/themechooser.cpp .

I personally run master in production, but I could try checking 0.28 out
fresh somewhere to check it.   What change should I look for?

John