[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jpoet. v29-pre-280-ge763d53

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:33:25 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 12:01 PM Peter Bennett <pgbennett at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Hi John
>
> I did not get to test your enhancement on Raspberry Pi before you pulled
> it. Probably you cannot get much lower-powered than Raspberry Pi, so if you
> would like me to test the changes on Raspberry Pi, before you commit them
> again, or just to get a another perspective on the issue, let me know.
>
> I am curious about the change, it said to allow multiple text areas to be
> treated as if they were the same by having a suffix with a plus sign. Does
> that mean all of the text areas will show the same content and if it
> changes all will change? What is the use case for this?

Hi Peter,

Combined with a depends=, it would allow the a textarea's size and position
to be dependent on the existence of another element.  For example:

        <textarea name="description+sub" depends="subtitle">
            <area>0,80,-5,100%</area>
            <minsize shrink="short" vanish="true">100%,40</minsize>
            <align>left</align>
            <multiline>yes</multiline>
            <scroll direction="vertical" rate="10" returnrate="70"
                    startdelay="17" returndelay="17"/>
            <cutdown>no</cutdown>
            <template>%|RATING| %%|(STARS|) %%DESCRIPTION%</template>
        </textarea>

        <textarea name="description+notsub" depends="!subtitle">
            <area>0,45,-5,100%</area>
            <minsize shrink="short" vanish="true">100%,40</minsize>
            <align>left</align>
            <multiline>yes</multiline>
            <scroll direction="vertical" rate="10" returnrate="70"
                    startdelay="17" returndelay="17"/>
            <cutdown>no</cutdown>
            <template>%|RATING| %%|(STARS|) %%DESCRIPTION%</template>
        </textarea>

Would allow the position of the description area to be dependent on the
existence of the subtitle.

I was trying to make it "generically" useful, but I may end up just hacking
MythUI to have "description" and "description1" to allow me to pull that
example off, without the performance penalty.

John