[mythtv] Dummy DVB device kernel module that can stream back an mpeg-ts file via the pvr device

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 17:16:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am thinking of hacking up a dvb kernel module that loops back a byte
stream on a /dev/dvb/adapterX/dvrX device.

I have looked at dvbloopback on github. There seems to be a lot of other
stuff with that I don't need. I was thinking of just the loopback driver
itself and build it it against a standard v4l2 build tree from linuxtv.org.

Any comments?

The idea is that I can do..

cp mpeg-ts-file /dev/dvb/adapterX/dvrX

and have the mythtv channel scanner read it in for testing.

Roger