[mythtv] GUI Themes and translation

Nicolas Riendeau nicolas at riendeau.org
Tue Feb 14 19:32:38 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,

> Will the strings in this window be included in translations? The

Yes they will...

> themestringtool downloads themes from themes.mythtv.org and as far as
> I can see, "default" and "default-wide" are not there.
Le mardi 14 février 2017 à 13:44 -0500, Peter Bennett a écrit :
They are not but the script/tool also parses the copy of the repo from
which I run it.

(I am the (active) MythTV dev in charge of translations...)

It's not for nothing that script is so complex... ;-)

> Even if my window is included by some or all themes, it is not
> necessary
> for them to include the text strings, as they can be inherited from
> "default". So how will these strings get into the translation
> process?

Yes they will...

If you ever have questions about the translation process please don't
hesitate to ping me at this address or my mythtv.org email address..

> Do I need to do anything?

No...

I will once we are ready to translate again (ie near a release).

Have a nice day,

Nicolas