[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by pbennett. v29-pre-305-gef7e594

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Fri Feb 10 01:10:32 UTC 2017

On 02/09/2017 03:34 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Hi Stuart
>

> On 02/09/2017 11:54 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>> Won't this break those whose setups do not have global ipv6 address
>> and only have link local addresses?
>
> As long as they have IPV4 addresses, it will use those. If they have
> only link-local addresses and no other IPV4 or IPV6 addresses, I think
> that nothing will work. would that be a valid configuration? Internet
> searches indicate to me that link-local addresses are of limited use
> and many applications do not support them.

Actually, I did not answer your question. It will not break the setup
for those users you describe, because this was already broken for them
and all users who have link-local addresses, whether or not if they have
other addresses. After my change, it will fix the setup for those who
have IPV4 or IPV6 global or unique-local addresses. It will just not fix
it for somebody who only has a link-local address.

Peter