[mythtv] Testing 2.8.1 on ubuntu 17.04

roger roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 12:02:47 UTC 2017

On 06/02/17 22:08, roger wrote:
> Has anyone tried to get mythfrontend working with the devinput lirc
> driver on Ubuntu 17.04 64 bit. I cannot get it to map the back and OK
> keys on my mce remote.

Fixed the problem.

Make sure that you lircd device is set to /var/run/lirc/lircd. You may
have a /dev/lircd on you system but it will not be pointing to anything
meaningful.

If your lircd device is set wrong your remote will probably still seem
to work. But it will be working via evdev not lirc. This means you may
get problems in X11 with evdev keymap codes that are < 10 (or
thereabouts), e.g. KEY_ESC.

Roger