[mythtv] Steppes Theme question

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Fri Feb 3 17:55:33 UTC 2017

On 02/03/2017 11:54 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> The script that builds the theme packages can be told to point to the
> right branch name Let me know what needs doing.
I think that part of it OK, it is my own build of MythTV that needs to
change. If you create your own branch of 0.28 that is not called
fixes/0.28 the MythTV theme chooser always defaults to "trunk" for the
themes. My local git tracking branch that tracks "fixes/0.28" is called
"mythtv-fixes/0.28" and as a result themechooser is downloading themes
from "trunk" instead of from 0.28.

My suggestion would be to base the theme download on the program version
instead of on the git branch it was built from. This would mean parsing
the version number, which should not be too hard.
Has anybody else experienced this problem, to warrant making this change?

Peter