[mythtv] Web services wsdl fails after commits c3cf321 and ea8a83d

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 15:34:39 UTC 2017

On 12/30/2017 10:16 AM, David Hampton wrote:
> Reverting the changes would re-introduce compiler warnings and usage of
> objects that the Qt documentation says is bad behavior.  My guess
> (without looking at the code) would be that wsdl is looking up
> "SomeTypeBasedOnQObject" instead of "SomeTypeBasedOnQObject*".  Let me
> spend some time trying to fix this before I revert anything.
>
> David
My take on it was (without much investigation):
I saw that they were using copy constructors in objects based on
QObject, which you are not supposed to do. You can get rid of the
warnings by adding ": QObject()" or ": QObject(&parent)" to the constuctor.
A better approach I believe would be in places where they are copying
the object, to use
ProgramList *x = new ProgramList();
x->copy(y);
Instead of ProgramList *x = new ProgramList(y);
The copy methods are already there.

This may be off base and there may be good reasons why it cannot or
should not be done this way.

I have some new service code from somebody else that is written the old
way, so whatever the final approach is, I will have to make the same
mods there. The same may apply to others with code in the works. There
are some tickets with contributions of service code that would need to
be changed.

Peter