[mythtv] ttvdb v2 support for 0.27 (and IPv6)

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Tue Aug 29 04:06:35 UTC 2017

On 8/28/2017 3:39 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 08/28/2017 01:00 PM, faginbagin wrote:
>> Forgot to mention: There were two areas where Mark's work did not
>> apply cleanly to the 0.27 code base. One was in
>> mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV/mythproto.py which was due to schema
>> changes since 0.27 (and which I think I will cover in my unit
>> testing), but also due to changes in how IPv6 is handled, in
>> mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV/database.py. My LAN and in fact my ISP
>> are still on IPv4, so I don't have the means to test this on an IPv6
>> network (and not sure I'd want to try). Perhaps when I've done some
>> real unit testing, above and beyond the doctest tests, I can find
>> someone who has an IPv6 network and is still on 0.27? Or maybe those
>> folks are more likely to be running the latest LTS OS and mythtv version?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>> Helen
> Hi Helen
>
> In v0.27, without those changes, the database connection did not work on
> IPV6 anyway. So as long as it still works on IPV4 you will not impact
> anybody.
>
> Peter

Thanks for the reassurance. Just to be sure we're on the same page. the
0.27 code in mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV/database.py, starting around
line 1359, with these lines:

     def _getpreferredaddr(self, host):
         ip6 = self.settings[host].BackendServerIP6
         ip4 = self.settings[host].BackendServerIP

didn't work for IPv6? If they did work, it should be OK, because I
preserved them, not the later code that replaced 8 lines with just this one:

         return self.settings[host].BackendServerAddr

Regards,
Helen