[mythtv] Additional run-time dependencies

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Thu Aug 17 21:39:44 UTC 2017

On 08/17/2017 04:00 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:

> I'm not sure we can do pip installs in packaging, I'd much rather see
> if we can use the versions already in 16.04.
> --
> -Thomas

I agree with you, this seems sub-optimal. I did try running the new
program with the versions from 16.04 and failed miserably. There is
background in the ticket -> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13084

I suppose an alternative is to add the required versions to the
mythbuntu ppas, that would mean finding and packaging them up
appropriately. It sounds messy.

Mark Spieth is the person who did the development, you can discuss the
possibilities with him.

Peter