[mythtv] Additional run-time dependencies

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Thu Aug 17 14:41:02 UTC 2017

On 08/17/2017 10:06 AM, Mark Spieth wrote:
> On 8/18/2017 12:02 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 08/17/2017 08:39 AM, David Hampton wrote:
>>> Is there something being installed through pip that can't be gotten
>>> from an existing package?
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> Checking to to see if a distribution has the packages:
>>
>> In Mythbuntu 14.04 (I really have a box with that loaded),
>> these aren't found:
>>
>> $ sudo apt-cache search python-requests-cache
>> $ sudo apt-cache search python-future
>>
>> I chose to use pip to get them. And did the same to get an
>> up-to-date urllib3.
>>
>> This what I've been testing with on the 14.04 box:
>>
>> $ pip show future requests requests-cache urllib3
>> ---
>> Name: future
>> Version: 0.16.0
>> Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
>> Requires:
>> ---
>> Name: requests
>> Version: 2.18.3
>> Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
>> Requires: certifi, chardet, urllib3, idna
>> ---
>> Name: requests-cache
>> Version: 0.4.13
>> Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
>> Requires: requests
>> ---
>> Name: urllib3
>> Version: 1.22
>> Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
>> Requires:
>>
> what you can do is
>
> apt-get update
> apt-cache madison python-requests
>
> and it will show you what is available.
>
> yes python-future is required too, may not be installed. provides
> compat with py3.
> mark

This is what Ubuntu 16.04 has

apt-cache madison python-future python-requests python-requests-cache

python-future |   0.15.2-1 | http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
xenial/universe amd64 Packages
python-future |   0.15.2-1 | http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
xenial/universe i386 Packages
python-requests |    2.9.1-3 | http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
xenial/main amd64 Packages
python-requests |    2.9.1-3 | http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
xenial/main i386 Packages
python-requests-cache |   0.4.10-1 | http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
xenial/universe amd64 Packages
python-requests-cache |   0.4.10-1 | http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
xenial/universe i386 Packages

These versions are not good enough, the new metadata script fails with them.

This is what pip has

future (0.16.0)
requests (2.18.3)
requests-cache (0.4.13)

One thing I did not mention - the update will need to happen to all
versions in use - I assume that means 0.27, 0.28 and 29 . People using
older versions will not have working metadata unless they do something.

Peter