[mythtv] Additional run-time dependencies

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 14:02:04 UTC 2017

On 08/17/2017 08:39 AM, David Hampton wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 08:21 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> Hi Thomas
>>
>> There is a change coming soon in MythTV that will require some
>> additional run-time dependencies to be installed. The change is to
>> the
>> python bindings and ttvbd.py. The change is required to be done
>> before
>> October 1st otherwise metadata will fail.
>>
>> Packages that include python bindings or ttvdb.py will need the
>> following additional package installed:
>>
>> python-pip
>>
>> Also after the install this needs to be run (by root):
>>
>> pip install --upgrade future requests_cache requests
>>
>> I suggest getting these in soon, so that when we commit the code
>> change
>> the dependencies will be installed before or with the code change.
>> The
>> dependencies can be installed before the code change without causing
>> any
>> problem, however installing the code change without the dependencies
>> will cause metadata jobs to fail.
>
> Peter,
>
> This wants to install a bunch of dev packages on my production machine.
>
> selene$ sudo apt-get install python-pip
> [sudo] password for david:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following additional packages will be installed:
>    build-essential dpkg-dev fakeroot g++ g++-5 libalgorithm-diff-perl
>    libalgorithm-diff-xs-perl libalgorithm-merge-perl libexpat1-dev
>    libfakeroot libpython-all-dev libpython-dev libpython2.7-dev
>    libstdc++-5-dev python-all python-all-dev python-dev python-pip-whl
>    python-setuptools python-wheel python2.7-dev
> Suggested packages:
>    debian-keyring g++-multilib g++-5-multilib gcc-5-doc libstdc++6-5-dbg
>    libstdc++-5-doc python-setuptools-doc
>
> Is there something being installed through pip that can't be gotten
> from an existing package?
>
> David

Checking to to see if a distribution has the packages:

In Mythbuntu 14.04 (I really have a box with that loaded),
these aren't found:

$ sudo apt-cache search python-requests-cache
$ sudo apt-cache search python-future

I chose to use pip to get them. And did the same to get an
up-to-date urllib3.

This what I've been testing with on the 14.04 box:

$ pip show future requests requests-cache urllib3
---
Name: future
Version: 0.16.0
Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requires:
---
Name: requests
Version: 2.18.3
Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requires: certifi, chardet, urllib3, idna
---
Name: requests-cache
Version: 0.4.13
Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requires: requests
---
Name: urllib3
Version: 1.22