[mythtv] DVR API Services changes between 0.27 & 0.28

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 03:44:35 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 9:55 PM, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net>
wrote:

> On 6 September 2016 at 23:00, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Dan Wilga <mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amh
>> erst.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> For the sake of anyone reading this thread, while upgrading my MythPause
>>> script to 0.28, I discovered these things:
>>>
>>> - The /Frontend endpoint now requires a POST. 0.27 will accept either
>>> GET or POST, so it's easiest to just use POST for both versions.
>>> - The return value from /Myth/GetSetting has changed. Previously, data
>>> was returned in a nested array. In 0.28, it is in a top-level element
>>> called String.
>>> - /Myth/GetSetting and /Myth/PutSetting will not function without a
>>> HostName parameter. In 0.27 it could be omitted.
>>>

>> MobileMyth developer here. I'll try to refresh the web services tonight
>> or at lunch today if I can.  For a long time there was an issue in Mythtv
>> generating some of the wsdl files so I hadn't been able to pull a new
>> version for a while.  That was recently resolved I believe.  I thought I
>> had after they fixed the bug but I guess I didn't.  I'm kind of afraid to
>> push a new version to packaging as its been so long since I've done it.
>> I'd hate to break anything.
>>
>> If I don't do it in a day or two bump this to remind me.  Got a bunch of
>> stuff going on and I may forget.
>>
>> Jon
>>

>> Thanks Jon,
>
> I thought you might have abandoned the project, so I was going to have a
> crack at updating the code myself (Not a coder but I can sometimes can
> cobble things together) I haven't had a chance yet to look at this due to
> family and work commitments.
>
> PS. love your work and double to the Myth developers that make all this
> possible
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

Thanks. it is kind of limping along but I tried to keep it updated.  We
don't really have a use case for it in our household so it doesn't get much
active development.  I try to mostly leave it along so I don't break
anything.

It appears it was fixed in master, and not back ported to .28.  So I'll
need to setup a master VM to generate the bindings from that.  Assuming
nothing else in the dvr service has changed.  I'll try to do it some time
relatively soon.

Jon