[mythtv] DVR API Services changes between 0.27 & 0.28

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 15:34:46 UTC 2016

On 09/04/2016 11:28 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> Can anyone advise what changes were made in the DVR section of the API
> service between 0.27 & 0.28, I've had a look at the release notes and the
> git commits and cannot see anything that changed and would have affected
> particularly.
>
> http://"Backend":6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList
> but also
> GetRecorded
> GetEncoderList
> GetUpcomingList
>

> I've noticed several applications that utilize the Services API no longer
> function correctly since upgrading to 0.28 (including Torc for IOS) &
> mobilemyth
>
> mobilemyth works for video functions but not for recording functions, I've
> narrowed it down to
> https://github.com/jheizer/MobileMyth/blob/master/MobileMyth/App_Code/MythService_25/MythDvr25.vb
>
> the error received is
> [Threadpool worker] ERROR MythDvr25 Error loading recorded list
> System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
>

> Torc for IOS appears to be due to the Frontend Services API but perhaps for
> similar reasons.

Hi,

I don't speak MobileMyth or know if you build it from source, but:

Look at the very last item in the 0.28 release notes. It applies to
anything that has CommFree in the response (but doesn't say that)
and then in:

     https://github.com/jheizer/MobileMyth/blob/master/MobileMyth/App_WebReferences/MythDvr_27/xsd16.xsd#L27

Not sure it's an answer, but I'd try changing the int to a boolean in
the source. I know it affected the Android product but don't know where
the 'System.FormatException' above is generated. git grep CommFree
will give you this:

MobileMyth/App_WebReferences/MythDVR/xsd12.xsd:      <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="CommFree" type="xs:int" />
MobileMyth/App_WebReferences/MythDvr_27/xsd16.xsd:      <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="CommFree" type="xs:int" />
MobileMyth/App_WebReferences/MythGuide/xsd6.xsd:      <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="CommFree" type="xs:int" />

I didn't look at GetUpcomingList, but the expectation is
for 3rd party apps to look at the WSDL at run time or at
least with version specific code.

GetEncoderList output looks the same for my test v0.27 and v29-pre hosts, however
they only have a single dummy encoder on them.

There's also a link in the Release Notes to:

     https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/API_parameters_0.28

that lists the differences in the input parameters (thanks to PhilB.)

--
Bill