[mythtv] Adding API Calls to Add/Remove Recording Groups

Ryan Hunt ryhunt at mymail.mines.edu
Sun Oct 23 03:49:08 UTC 2016

Overall, the additions to the service API from the 0.28 release are very
thorough. However, I was wondering if there was a plan to include the
ability to add or remove recording groups. The goal here would be to create
services that are consistent with the AddStorageGroupDir and
RemoveStorageGroupDir services, but for recording groups. I am proposing
the following new services:

http://backend:6544/Myth/AddRecordingGroup?GroupName=$name
http://backend:6544/Myth/RemoveRecordingGroup?GroupName=$name

I wrote a short patch to incorporate this functionality, and I would be
willing to submit it if it is a feature that others might be interested in.
However, I thought I would check here first in case there is another call
in the API that provides this feature or there has already been a
discussion about this issue. Thanks.

Ryan