[mythtv] cannot find taglib 1.6 or later.

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Mar 24 13:33:16 UTC 2016

On 24/03/16 13:10, Dave Badia wrote:
> Building a new frontend and I'm trying to compile lastest 27-fixes on
> debian jessie. I've installed all the taglib packages I can find, but I
> still get:
>
> ./configure  --disable-ivtv --disable-dvb --disable-vaapi
> --disable-mythlogserver
> ERROR: cannot find taglib 1.6 or later.
>
>  taglib-config --version
> 1.9.1
>
> is good so I'm not sure what's going on here.  I've uploaded the full
> output of bash -x configure to http://pastebin.com/9NUS215z

We really need the contents of config.ep to debug this, but it's
probably that you need libtag1-dev package. A good starting point for
the packages you need can be found in

https://github.com/MythTV/ansible/blob/master/roles/mythtv-deb/tasks/main.yml

Alternatively you could just run the playbook ;-)

Regards
Stuart