[mythtv] Raspberry Pi 2 and OpenGL

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:07:55 UTC 2016

On 16-03-16 02:41 PM, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> On 16/03/16 19:34, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> On 03/16/2016 12:52 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
>>> In an effort to remove one variable between your build and mine I am
>>> trying to create a tarball using QT 5.3.2.
>>
>> I have built it on Jessie (QT 5.3.2) with GL enabled and I get the same
>> result
>> EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x300b
>
> I have also built with Qt 5.3.2 on Raspbian Jessie, and get the same EGL
> error.
>
> I could never get eglfs to work using Qt5.4.0 (Lawrence Rust
> mythbuild.sh), xcb has always been fine.
>
> I have a build using Qt5.5.1 (built from source on Rpi2) and eglfs works
> with both softblend and opengl2 on my TV 1080p 50Hz.
>
> All my builds are using mythtv fixes/0.28 source from git and install in
> /usr/local/ to avoid pollution. My Qt5.5.1 is also installed in /usr/local.

Unfortunately I've not been able to resolve the issue with QT 5.3.2.

I can compile and get eglfs to work using QT5.4.0 (Lawrence Rust
mythbuild.sh).

A quick Internet search on the QT 5.3.2 issue brought me back to the the
mythtv-dev mailing list.  In the following post LVR indicates:

   "I feel that trying to get OpenGLES and EGLFS supported is
    too bleeding edge until Qt5.4 or later becomes the default
    for Debian."

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2015-December/075022.html

Is it possible to alter Peter's debian package build to statically link
to a different QT version (e.g., 5.5.1)?

My thoughts are that if we statically link to QT 5.5.1 then we would not
need to build a complete QT 5.5.1 debian package.

Curtis