[mythtv] Upgrade to 0.28 and DLNA

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Thu Jun 30 02:19:58 UTC 2016

We upgraded to Fedora 24 and 0.28-3 day before yesterday. It's great to
be able to stream and play recorded videos to my Nexus 6 phone over a
VPN link.

But we appear to have lost the ability to play videos on our Samsung
UN40H5201 TV. We can select it as a source and navigate through the
folders as before but when we get to the recordings it does not list any
recordings. Is that due to the DLNA changes or possibly something else.
Did notice that Upcoming Recordings did not list anything and that the
Recorded Programs page did not display quite right in the mythweb
interface. Not that we care about that with the new interface but
wondered if it might indicate that something did not go quite right
in the upgrade process.

Is there a way to debug the DLNA issue? Would not like to have to
install a Plex server just to get video to the two year old TV.