[mythtv] Spam originating from my email address

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Jun 25 20:48:32 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-06-25 at 16:19 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
> There is spam coming from pgbennett at comcast.com, including to
> webmaster at mythtv.org. It is not from me. I don't know where it is
> coming
> from, somebody is spoofing my email address.

That is what SPF is for.  Surely Comcast are employing it.  If they are
and the spam is still making it through sites that use it to verify
senders, then the spammer is also on Comcast and you should be able to
report it to Comcast for action.

A look at the headers will make it obvious if that is what is going on
or not.  If the spammer isn't on Comcast, anyone getting spam forged
from you needs to also employ SPF.

b.