[mythtv] OT - Keeping HDMI audio link open

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri Jun 24 00:45:20 UTC 2016

On 23 Jun 2016, at 7:46 pm, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> To be honest (full disclosure I have no real experience with this kind of
> stuff so make of it what you will) playing silence has never really felt
> 'right' to me.

Agreed. I don’t have this problem (my receiver doesn’t go into sleep mode),
but having the MythTV box do an HDMI query, DPMS or CEC,
would seem to be more kosher?

(unless you are only using receiver for audio,
in which case your options are limited)

Having MythTV send something over HDMI or audio,
only when you say go into, or move around in,
the recordings screen, would be tidier.

I wonder if the screen saver interface could do it?

--
Nigel Pearson           |”In my culture,
nigel at ind.tansu.com.au  | I would be well within