[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jpoet. v29-pre-84-g5933e03

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 13:01:27 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 10:37:12 Roger Siddons wrote:
> On 14/06/16 08:13, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 01:01:33 faginbagin wrote:
> >
> > RIght, a menu needs to be optional. For frontends with a single user,
> > being
> > prompted each time would be very annoying, but I can see how it would be
> > better in a multi-user situation.
> >
> > Better still would be to have per-user positions saved, but that would
> > depend on me finishing off the multi-user work.
>
> Interesting. I'd seen discussion/wishlists but didn't realise work had
> started. Is it a 'user login' design or a 'select user' pop-up every
> time you bookmark ?

User login - Initial plan was something along the lines of Netflix user-
selection for shared frontends and a permanent-login option for dedicated
frontends (bedrooms, play room, uni dorms etc).

Right now all that exists is the very basic user framework. Nothing except the
WebFrontend even uses the framework and the whole permissions side is just
stubbed out.

There are a lot of unanswered questions too, especially around the must-have
feature for me - separate recordings and recording rules. I have an general
idea how that would all work but the detail is missing. Especially what
happens if two people want to create a rule for the same program but with
slightly different priorities or recording groups.

--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV