[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jpoet. v29-pre-84-g5933e03

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 07:13:50 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 01:01:33 faginbagin wrote:
> That's the behavior for "Watch Videos", and I'll take your word that's
> also the behavior for DVD playback. Personally, I find it annoying. I
> would prefer the "Watch Videos" behavior to match the "Watch Recordings"
> behavior, i.e. don't prompt, just start playing from bookmark and from
> beginning if there is no bookmark. "Watch Recordings" does have a "Play
> from ..." sub-menu that lets you choose to start at beginning or from
> bookmark if it exists. It's also trivial to jump to the beginning of a
> program, just press 0 then rewind.

RIght, a menu needs to be optional. For frontends with a single user, being
prompted each time would be very annoying, but I can see how it would be
better in a multi-user situation.

Better still would be to have per-user positions saved, but that would depend
on me finishing off the multi-user work.

Rodger, I've not checked, where are you saving the position? If it was in a
new table we could later tie position to a userid.

--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV