[mythtv] extremly slow mythfilldatabase in 0.28

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Jul 18 07:10:42 UTC 2016

On 17.07.2016 23:11, Jonatan Lindblad wrote:
> Den 2016-07-17 kl. 19:08, skrev Torbjorn Jansson:
>> On 2016-07-17 13:57, Roger Siddons wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> The metagrabber shouldn't be run at all by MFD (AFAIK). Add the "-v
>>> system" log option to confirm it isn't being invoked.
>>
>> looks like it is doing just that.
>
> The invocation of ttvdb.py seems to come from
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/browser/mythtv/mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/xmltvparser.cpp#L530.
>

> I'm not sure this was taken into account in b64be0f8, but calling the
> script(s) for potentially every program seems a bit unnecessary. Unclear
> if this is the cause for long runtime though.

When I wrote that test there was no intention to call the grabber for
each and every programme.
My hacking time is limited at the moment, so feel free to adjust it to
store the configuration variables in global variable or similar.
An easy first optimization might be to split the condition into two, to
avoid the expensive test (that presumably calls the grabber now) if the
attribute does not match the expected string.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/xmltvparser.cpp#L519-L539

Regards,
Karl