[mythtv] Status of Schedules Direct SD-JSON grabbers

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:36:03 UTC 2016

On 17/07/16 15:40, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-07-15 at 15:00 -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> # this is the actual invocation
>> /usr/local/bin/mfdb-json/mfdb-json.php
> Is this the one that goes in the back-door and directly modifies the
> MythTV tables, against the advice of the MythTV developers?
>
> Isn't XMLTV the front-door and supported way of doing this?
>
> Is anyone using a/the XMLTV grabber for the SD JSON data?
>
> I'd like to hear your experiences.
>
> Is SD-JSON the default in 0.28 by any chance?
>
> Cheers,
> b.

I am using the  tv_grab_sd_json  (as of writing version 1.21, 2016/07/15
01:26:44 ). It comes as part of the xmltv package (not mythtv) so you
might need to install or build it from source depending on your
distribution.

I have done both with no issues. If you are running mythbuntu it is easy
just install from the ppa see
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/xmltv

It is the one used by mythfilldatabase and works with my 0.28 and
0.29pre systems.

It works well for me here in the UK for both DVB-T/T2 (Freeview) and
DVB-S/S2 (Freesat).

No real issues, apart from initial setup of the xmltvid's in mythtv
database which is still painful.

Mike