[mythtv] Raspberry Pi build improvements

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Thu Jul 14 18:45:02 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas

Excuse the duplicate email, I sent the last one from the wrong address.

I have pushed a few changes recently that may help the Raspberry Pi
mythbuntu builds. Maybe you already know about some of them.

1. There is no need to export anything before the configure or the
build. (Previously we have a bunch of setting for CXXFLAGS and such).
2. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is no longer needed for Raspberry Pi Ubuntu.
3. The configure command line can be much simplified, for Ubuntu:
|./configure --enable-openmax --disable-vdpau --disable-opengl-video
--disable-opengl --disable-vaapi|
The "enable-openmax can be left out, but it is useful to keep there.
With enable-openmax, if openmax cannot be enabled due to missing
libraries, configure will fail. Without enable-openmax, it will silently
disable openmax, and the resulting executable will be useless.

There are changes that support opengl, but they work only in Raspbian,
not in Ubuntu. Ubuntu seems to have a broken opengl es implementation.
So we disable opengl in Ubuntu and enable it in Raspbian builds
Raspbian builds use this:
|./configure --enable-openmax --disable-vdpau --disable-opengl-video
--enable-opengl --disable-opengl-themepainter --disable-vaapi|

See build instructions at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source

Peter